Visit the official website of Hotmail by typing in “https://www.hotmail.com“. Since Hotmail has been handed over to Outlook, as previously stated before, doing that will redirect you to the official Outlook login page. You can also visit the same page by visiting Outlook’s official website with the link “https://www.outlook.com.”
- If visiting either of the links makes you open your Hotmail or Outlook’s account, that means you were already signed into your account.
- If someone else’s account was opened after visit either of those links, sign out from that account by clicking on the profile picture and clicking on “Sign Out” available on the drop-down list.
From the homepage of Outlook, click on the “Sign in” option available on the top-right corner of the page. Now on the empty field of “Email, phone, or Skype“, type in your Hotmail or Outlook’s email address.
Remember that if you haven’t logged into your Hotmail account for more than a year, your account will automatically be permanently deleted, and all the emails, documents and contacts linked from that account will be eliminated. Create a new account if that happens.
- Click on “Next“, which will be highlighted in blue.
- Going on, type in the password in the “Password” empty box available.
- If you have forgotten your password, you have to reset it before continuing the account login process.
- Now click on “Sign in“, which will be available in a blue box. If all the provided information entered is correct, you will be redirected to your account’s inbox.